Sunday, November 23, 2008

Finally!!!

Corban has begun to get the hang of potty training! We made him a potty chart and told him if he filled it all up with stickers then he could get the hulk toy! He got it today!  For about a week I had to literally follow his every footstep around the house to make sure he wouldn't go potty in his pants! When he was in diapers he would hide every time he pooped so I had to catch him and put him on the potty because he wouldn't tell us when he had to go!  I clean the house every Monday and I couldn't even clean this last Monday because of this! haha It's been a very frustrating and stressful couple of weeks but very rewarding! He's not fully potty trained yet but at least he is to the point now where he will tell us when he needs to go! Now he needs to work on holding it and telling other people he needs to go like at church in nursery or at school! I can't blame him for not being able to hold it though since his mom has the same problem sometimes! haha I'm sure those of you with kids can relate! Maybe! haha At least now I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! Here is a picture of his potty chart! 
Here he is putting the last sticker on it! 
He's wants the dang toy opened already! 
Corban loving his sister this morning before church! 
Just a pic after church to show how big she's getting! 
We are coming to AZ this Friday! I am so excited! Wish me luck flying by myself with both the kids and no stroller carrying Brighton with my purse, diaper bag, and carry on bags trying to make sure Corban doesn't run off! Man I can't wait! 

13 comments:

Gates & Tausha said...

oh my gosh heather i am WAY impressed at his CHART! you're such a good teacher mommy...and your little baba-gal--is SOOOOo beautiful!!! happy flying...good luck with that. :) it'll be fun to c you!!!

Mama J said...

Good for you guys!!! Pay STILL has problems with the potty! Its hard but try to be patient!! :) Good luck on the plane... Sounds not very nice but we got Payten a leash!!! HA! No... Its a little puppy and the straps are his arms and it looks like its giving her a hug and then in the back is a little clip for the leash... Maybe you could use something like that for Corbin, especially in the airport! Its like 10 bucks at wal-mart!!!

P.S. Ill be down in the Valley the 5th! If your still there we should meet up for lunch?!?!

Katie Huff said...

cYAY for potty training!!! I can't wait to see him and meet Brighton! Just 4 more days! Wahoo!!!!
I miss you my love! I haven't talked to you for way too long and I'm sad I didn't know about your potty training successes before you posted about it. Just comes to show that we need to gab it up more often! I can't believe how big your little girl is getting! She's so beautiful!

Moser Clan said...

I LOVE the Potty chart!!!! :) Too CUTE!

JOHN AND SUMMER said...

Good job Heather! The sticker chart is a fabulous ideal! Looks like it worked well! Good luck with flying!

Abbey said...

He looks so grown up in those pics! Good job Corban :) I better flippin' see you when you're down here!!!!!!!

kimberly said...

potty training is not that fun except finding ways to get the kids excited about it. and yeah i didn't like that stage where you have to rely on them to tell other people to go but i'm sure corbin will get the hang of it.

Hillary Hall said...

That potty chart was too cute! I can't wait to hear the blog about how the plane ride was! :) How long you in AZ? We should get together. Yeah Corban for going on the potty!!!!!

Kara said...

Way to go Corban (and Mom!)!!! Potty training sucks, but it's so nice when it's all done. Good luck on the plane ride!

{Jeff+Elisa} said...

Oh Heather...I will never forget those times where you "accidentally" peed your pants down at EA from us laughing all night long!! You were to funny and I love that no matter what you just could not hold it in cause you were always on the floor dying of laughter! I'm sure Abs and April can back me up on this mem!! Ha ha!! Good Job Corban, and the potty chart was a great idea!!

Justina Selim said...

Yaya fro no more diapers! Enjoy your time in AZ! I hope you survive the flight!

Aubrey said...

Just because you're in AZ doesn't mean you can stop posting Ü

Summer said...

I love Brighton's dress! Way to go for potty training...I don't think my patience has ever been tested so much before Maci potty trained...and during...and she's STILL learning not to hold the #2's in when she's gotta go! I never thought bathroom behavior would be such a daily topic at our house (ha ha )!!!