Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Circus, Half Marathon, and Yellowstone!!!

There was a circus here in town last week that we decided to take the kids to! We had buy one get one free tickets and free tickets for the kids so we decided why not! Corban liked all the animals but didn't really care about all the acrobats! haha Brighton liked to dance to the music! It wasn't bad for Rexburg! haha I think this might be Corban's first time eating cotton candy! He wasn't too sure about it at first but then started liking it! 
The tigers and lions! 
Here we are watching the circus! 
Just this past Saturday I ran the Teton Dam Half Marathon! I talked my good neighbor into running it with me! It was alot of fun and I am proud to say I finished! It is worth it and I plan on doing more! Here is me and Erica afterwards! We stayed together the whole time until about the last mile she kinda went ahead of me and finished a minute before me! 
About to the finish line! 
On Sunday we decided to go on a family outing to Yellowstone! It was a rainy day and thought Yellowstone would be beautiful in the rainy weather! We were right! We saw this sign and Clifford had to take a pic with it! 
The mountain behind us has some story behind it! haha It's pretty cool! 
While there we decided to take Brighton's pics since she hasn't had them taken since 4 months old! Here are some of the many Clifford took! 
We had to take a pic of the snow still remaining in June! 
Cute one of Brighton and Daddy! 
Family pic at the artists paint pots! 
The animal we see the most of when we go! haha I'm convinced there are no bears in Yellowstone! Although we almost saw a baby bear in the tree but the park ranger stopped us and made us move our car! Gay! 
Corban stepped in this huge pile of buffalo poop and was not happy! haha He kept saying "ew poop on my foot, get it off" haha We were laughing so hard and thought it was funny because it kept him from running around so we kinda liked it! haha You can see the huge pile below! 
Waiting for us to clean it off! 
His not happy face! haha 
Mommy and Brighton! 
Driving home! 

14 comments:

The Robinson's said...

I am still laughing out loud to myself after seeing the poop pic!! Those pics of B are darling- great job Clifford! Great job on the half! Maybe I'll start running too!!

{Jeff+Elisa} said...

Yipeeeeeee for you and running the marathon!! Congrats!! My friend ran that same one too...you should just be friends with her cause I know that she would go and eat cupcakes with you!! Fun little outing with the Fam-dizzle!! I want to go back to Rex...I miss it already!! BTW...your legs look so buff in that one pic of you running...you are HOT heather! :)

P.S. I almost lost my cupcake keychain...that one little thing started to come off but I super glued the heck out of it!!

The Bedke Fam said...

you guys have been busy!! congrats on running the half marathon. you are seriously my hero! way to go girl! i LOVE the poop pics. oh my gosh! corban's face is priceless. i probably would've made the same face however...lol

Stefany Pew said...

Heather, you are my hero running that marathon! I want to be able to do that someday. You look great as usual! You inspire me!!!

Those pictures of Brighton are adorable! She's getting so big.

And EWWWW....I can only imagine what Corban's foot smelled like after stepping in that poo. Hahaha!

Justina Selim said...

Great job on your half marathon! I love Brighton's little pony and her necklace! That is so cute! Where did u find that?

Mama J said...

You.Are. HOT!!! Holy cow my little Forest Gump! You just RAN your lil heart out! Proud Am I!! Your kiddos are awesome and love the Buffalo! He was wayyyy cuter than the dead one we found in the desert! And gewww... the snow pictures made me feel a sudden urge to vomit and then have spastic colon problems! Not looking forward to snow again! BLAH!!! Ur gorgeous and ur little girl is such a cutie pa tutie!

The Dixon's said...

Your kids are so cute! Im jealous that your are doing all these fun things in rexburg! I only see the snow! I can't belive how big brighton is! We miss you guys!

Abbey said...

Heather!!! I am so impressed that you ran a half marathon, I am contemplating running on next Feb and I'm scared out of my mind! How did you train? Like how far did you run each day and all that? I am seriously proud of you! What a cute little fam you have, Brighton is so adorable in her pics!

Kara said...

Dang, I'm so impressed with your 1/2 marathon! Can you send some motivation my way, I have none. :( Anyway, those pics of Brighton are darling and the poop pictures are hilarious!!!

Skylar and Lauren said...

That looks like fun-can u believe we lived in idaho for 3 years and never once went to yellowstone?!! talk about gayness! Looks like u had fun-and man, ur a studette-way to go running ur half marathon woman! miss u! don't step in anymore poo!

Britney and Kevin said...

I love Yellowstone! That's so awesome you guys got to go!

The Maughan-sters said...

hahaha actually no the baby wasn't. I'm about 12 1/2 weeks along. I thought it might surprise a few people ;-)

Aubrey said...

Brighton is getting so big and she looks just adorable in those pics! You look awesome too in your running gear!

Brenna said...

Yay for Running! I love the pics! Miss Brighton is so cute!