Friday, March 28, 2008

Quite the Scare!!!

So I was excited that Clifford's mom and sister's came to visit because the hotel they stay at is right across the street from our apartments! It has a heated indoor swimming pool and a spa which meant we got to take Corban swimming! Yay! This is such a rare occasion here so every chance I get I jump right on it! So we took him swimming 2 of the nights they were here! Well I don't know how many of you are aware that pregnant women are not supposed to sit in hot tubs! I didn't know until this lady told me that was in there with me the 2nd night! I am a sucker for hot tubs too dang it! I love them! I was kinda freakin out because the 1st night I sat in it for about 45 minutes and the 2nd night was about a half hour! Well since she told me that I looked at the sign and sure enough it says "if you're pregnant consult a physician before sitting in hot tub!" So the next day I called my doctor and talked to a nurse and I asked her about sitting in hot tubs and her immediate response was "NO" "DO NOT SIT IN THEM!" So then I told her I already did and how long I sat in it and how hot the water was and that I was nervous about the baby! She told me to come in so we could make sure everything was ok and that the heart was still beating! So I immediately went in and it took a couple minutes to find it but sure enough we heard it! Yay! The doctor told me if I was earlier in pregnancy it could cause spinal problems but since her spine is already developed I shouldn't have to worry! Well Good! That made me feel so much better! So now I won't get in a hot tub uless I am not pregnant! I am officially half way done! Yay! I do have to mention how much Corban loves to swim! He holds his breath and goes under water all by himself! It's so funny! Here is a pic of him and his Aunt Heather in the hot tub!

6 comments:

Aubrey said...

That is scary! You're supposed to boil Easter Eggs, not your own eggs! I'm glad the lady wasn't too shy to tell you.

Gates & Tausha said...

that would SOO freak me out too...good timing to do it though without knowing huh?! glad she said things are fine!! whew!

Brenna said...

Holy Moly! YEAH that is super dangerous. I always knew preggy mommys should not be in hot tubs I just didn't know why, so that was informative for me too. I am glad everything is ok.

Cindy Spratling said...

Glad everything is okay. That's crazy! Isnt' it so nice to have family in town? Your kids' room looks great! And I like your hair a little lighter, it's cute.

Abbey said...

You know, hot tubs were the thing I wanted more than anything to sit in when I was preg! I was like, please just for a little bit, please?? But no. It is a sad thing, isn't it.

TexasTwinsTwice said...

wow--that is SO scary! I had never heard of that. Glad everything is alright!