Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Brighton Picy Poos!

I have finally had a minute to myself so I thought I would update my bloggy blog! Having 2 kids is alot of work! haha I hardly have time to breathe now! Some days I feel a bit overwhelmed but for the most part it's going good! It's so much fun! I can't believe I have 2 kids now!  I am also back to babysitting Emma, so when she's here is crazy! Corban loves her though! Brighton is doing really well! She will be 3 weeks old on Friday!  We all just love her so much! She is such a sweet little spirit that "Brighten's" our home! She is just a little angel baby! She does really good at night! I feed her at about 9 or 10 and she won't wake up again to eat until 3 0r 4 then goes back to sleep until about 6 0r 7! I am not complaining one bit! My mom got to come up here a few days after she was born for 5 days! I was glad to have her stay with us!  She kept me company and helped us out a ton! Brighton is her 30th grandchild! Crazy huh! Thanks Mom for all of your help! I love you! 
She had jaundice so we had to put one of the bili blankets on her for a couple days! She had to lay with the light on her back 24/7 till she got better! 
 Here she is enjoying the bath tub! She loves it! She just hangs out in her little chair while I get her and Corban bathed and doesn't make a peep! 
Corban loves his little sister "Biben" Ok funny story...So when he was holding her we looked down at him and he had his shirt lifted up and was trying to feed her! He was saying "Biben eat!" It was hilarious! I love my little man! 
These next 2 were just a few days ago!  She was wide awake so I had to bust out the camera! 
 

16 comments:

Jen and Jay said...

She is so precious! I love her!!

Abbey said...

Heath she is so adorable! You'll have to give me all kinds of tips on having two kids, yikes! Corban looks so sweet holding her :). Glad you're mom got to come up and visit, that's so nice!

JOHN AND SUMMER said...

She is beautiful Heather! That's so funny Corban tried feeding her!

Jami said...

I am SO HAPPY to hear Brighton is so good for you!!!! A fussy baby and a toddler would equal a straight jacket and an institution! Seriously! One is hard enough so thank goodness she's an angel... Well, all babies are, but she's, well you know, REALLY an angel. HA HA.

And HOLY CRAP about your mom having 30! grandkids!!!! Weren't there just 9 when we were babysitting them??? The Lamb girls have been busy since I was around! Christmas has got to be quite the event around your parts! Fun and loud. ;0)

And I love your bow and bracelet on Brighton! She really is the female version of Corban! And I'm glad you recorded the "breast feeding" attempt! Corban's going to LOVE hearing all about that in 10 years! HA HA.

Brenna said...

Barely out of the womb and she is already walking the cat walk in her stylish threads! Love it! she is sooo cute! So worth the natural labor!!! Corbin cracks me up! give him a sloppy one from aunt Brenna! lol

Justina Selim said...

SHe looks so cute! I love her bath chair! Where dod u get that? I need one! AIden did that thing where he lifted up his shirt the other day trying to feed her! It's so cute huh? haha. It's crazy having 2 kids.

Katie Huff said...

HEATHER! K, first... SO jealous Brighton wakes up only once a night right off the bat. I seriously DANCE when Porter has nights like that and he's more than 2 months!
And second... she is absolutely beautiful, H!!! I'm so proud of you! And I'm so so SO SOOO happy that nursing is going well too. I love talking to you about that stuff and giving you advise. Oh! By the way! To answer your earlier question: Now a days, Porter probably gives me one poopy diaper a day, if that. When he was first born, he was constantly poopy with every diaper change, then he went about 3 days with no poo at all (it freaked me out too) but now I get a poo filled diaper at least once every two days. Maybe that has something to deal with why Brighton is a better sleeper than Porter right off the bat... Maybe she's just better at keeping her food in better than he is. Not fair!
Call me when your head isn't spinning! I love you girl!

Kort and Amy said...

Heather- I love her! I am so happy that she is here and that you posted new pictures! Call me when you get a free minute(do you ever have those with 2 kids!)

Aubrey said...

Adorable! I really like that bath chair, but I like her expression even more when she's sitting in it..."What's up!"

Gates & Tausha said...

dang heather she's beautiful!!! corban's so funny trying to feed her! :) hahaha...you'll do great with 2! i'm sure it's super hard though! :)

Mark and Kristi said...

I agree, you and your hubby make beautiful babies! She is so precious! I love how Corban was trying to feed her, that is classic! Congrats on everything! In the picture where you are leaving the hospital... you look fab!

kimberly said...

she is so cute and just adorable. i love the big bow on her head. it looks so cute. funny how kids catch on to everything like corbin trying to feed her. that is hillarious. two kids is a handful but it will soon be nothing to you when you get used to it.

Stefany Pew said...

To list blogger updates on your blog just go to your dashboard and hit customize. Then you can "add a gadget" and I think it's the first option labeled "blogger list" or something like that. It's a tedious process because you have to input each blogger address one by one and then delete them from your current friend list. It took me about an hour and a half. I copied and pasted each friend's address into a word document and then pasted them onto the new blogger list. Then deleted my entire friend list that I had currently on my blog. Let me know if you have any questions!

Gates & Tausha said...

hey saw your sis-in-law at first friday...heather! fun. :) she was talking about how she cant wait to see brighton!

Jacob and Tiffany said...

You create some gorgeous babies woman! I can't wait to see this adorable little girl! Next time you guys come into town, we are hanging out!!

Summer said...

Wow, I love her belly. SO adorable!