Friday, August 8, 2008

Brighton's here!!!

Ladies and gentlemen of the blogging world, in behalf of my beautiful wife that is still at this moment in the hospital, I bring to you spectacular news!  Brighton was born!!!!  

Allow me to break down the story.  It was Heather's wishes to have this baby on 8-8-08 and Heather gets what she wants.  Like she has posted before we went to the doctor on Tuesday and she was dilated to a 3.  That's all she needed to hear, this baby was coming out on the 8th.  Yesterday afternoon we made a trip to Walmart to purchase some Castor Oil.  With much coaxing from her sister and others, Heather was determined to give her child the coolest birthday ever.  Last night while I was away at jiu-jitsu Heather dropped in 4 tablespoons of Castor Oil into an 8 0z. cup full of Sunny D and chugged away.  When I returned home she seemed in a pleasant mode and had not yet received punishment from her choice of induction.  Heather fell asleep around 11 and I managed to stay up to watch Americas Best Dance Crew (I'm such a sucker).  I fell asleep around 12 only to find myself awakened nearly an hour and 15 minutes later.  "Clifford, I thought I pee'd my pants but I couldn't control it.  I had to change my bottoms and everything!"  At that moment we both new it was on.  Within minutes she began to have contractions every 3 minutes for the duration of a minute.  We called up a friend to come watch Corban while we rushed to the hospital.  
Upon arriving to the hospital we were greeted with immediate response.  My wife was in a lot of pain and I wasn't the only one noticing it.  Shortly after getting Heather on the bed the nurse checked her cervix and informed us she was dilated to an 8 and was completely thinned out.  By this point Heathers contractions were every couple seconds and she was yelling at the nurses in pain to "call the doctor and get me an epidural!"  10 minutes later and still no sign of the doctor the nurse checked again and declared that Heather was ready.  Heather had reached the point of no return.  She was going to give birth the ol' fashion way.  Heather continually had the urgency to push but was told to hold it until the doctor arrived.  20 minutes from the time we arrived to Heathers room the doctor show up, indentation along the side of his head from the pillow he slept on and all.  With 12 grueling pushes the baby was out.  Around push 9 the doctor had to ask Heather to calm down because she was turning into an animal and was going to hurt the baby if she continued to push the way she was (I don't blame her one bit).  The baby came out for a minute not breathing.  The doctor said she was just shocked from the labor.  The nurses gave her oxygen and within seconds she was fine and breathing on her own.  
It was an amazing birth.  My wife was made to bear children.  "She's got dem child bearing hips, the kind that pop right of socket" (name that movie). So all is well now the pediatrician came in and gave Brighton an exam and said everything looks wonderful.  Heather is taking a nap and relaxing.  She looks sexy as hell for just having a baby I might add.  I picked a good one.  So until we are able to upload the pics that is all for now.    

16 comments:

Aubrey said...

Ha, Ha, I laughed when she called this morning to rub it in my face that she had her baby on 08/08/08 after I planned for years and missed 07/07/07. Anyway, Cliff---you forgot to mention the stats! 8 pounds 6 ounces (almost 8lb 8oz..THAT would be awesome) and what time was she born? I think she said 2:15am? That is so like Heather to think she was peeing her pants..........(again)Ü

CONGRATS! This is GR8 news! Get it? GrEIGHT Ü

Katie Huff said...

YAY! I just got off the phone with your wife and heard all about it! I also got the pic on my phone! She is BEAUTIFUL!!!
She and Porter are going to make a fantastic couple! haha
Congratulations to you both! I love you guys a ton!

Katie said...

CONGRATS! I can't wait to see pictures! Way to go Heather now you get to brag that you had a baby naturally, you're awesome!

Aaron and Melanie Gordon said...

GREAT STORY!! Way to go Heather, can't wait to see pics!!

Heather said...

Way to go! See you are a superstar! Congratulation on a healthy baby girl... can't wait to see pictures.

Mama J said...

I love the Peeing story! She was probably so embaressed! WOW all NATURAL EHH... She is ALL WOMAN NOW!!! But YAY i am so glad the baby is healthy and fine and I hope Heather is doing good too! Tell her Hi and we are all excited to see pictures!

Justina Selim said...

YAY! That's so exciting! I am so glad everything went well and the baby is here safe! I can't wait to see pictures!

The Cash Family said...

I was just going to add that it is so typical of a husband to not add the stats of a baby!! way to go with the non-epidural, i want to know what you prefer now...i want to see pics asap. love you guys

Gates & Tausha said...

CONGRATS!!!! ahhhhhhh!!!!!! i love hearing your end of the story cliff!! what an awesome husband!!! :) sexy heather...:) and DANG...that's amazin...NO epidural!?! YEAH! so excited...and HOLY cow...8/8/08...she's the next prophet or something.

Kim and Nathan said...

Total Heather story. I love it. Congrats. I cant wait for pictures. Hope everyone is recovering well. And with the way Clifford is talking, it looks like baby #3 may be on its way soon:)

TexasTwinsTwice said...

WHOA!! Congratulations--she is SUPERWOMAN! Go Heather! =)

The Robinson's said...

Yay H & Clifford! Congrats! Can't wait to see her. Clifford- that was a perfect run-down of the day. I can't wait to see how the big brother likes his new baby sister! Love you guys!

Cindy Spratling said...

Congrats! Hurry and get some pics on here! Can't wait to see her.

JOHN AND SUMMER said...

CONGRATS!!! Can't wait to see some pictures of baby Brighton. Way to go Heather for having her all natural...that's amamzing! Your "peeing" story was so funny! Hope you both are doing well.

Jami said...

HOLY CRAP!!! I LOVE her birthday!!! What are the freakin odds?!?! Serously! You've been rewarded for your long suffering trying to get Brighton out! And all nat-ur-al... Go YOU!!!! Not that you did it on purpose, but still. ;0) And Clifford doing the commentary was priceless!!! Sexy as hell.. LOVE IT!!!! Now I want to see some baby pics! Who does she look like? Any hair? Aubrey, update. I need to know. HA HA. :0)

Carca said...

What a great birthing story...Cliff really told it well!!! I am glad she is here safe and sound. Congrats, she is beautiful!!!!!