Monday, July 21, 2008

Corban's 3rd Birthday!!!

I can't believe that my baby boy just turned 3 yesterday! Wow how time flies! It makes me sad to think how fast he is growing up! I just want him to be little forever! Well I guess he's not even little for his age...we took him to the doctor a week ago and he is a whopping 46 lbs! My goodness! He is already in little boy clothes! He is so sweet though! I just love how much joy he brings into our home! I love my little man so much! 

We decided to try and make him a cake this year! As you can see he picked Wall E! I baked it then Clifford actually decorated it! It was quite a project! I don't how people do this for every kids birthday they have! I think this was the first and the last time we will make it! haha It turned out cute though! Good job Clifford! 
My sister Denise and her family are up here visiting her husband's family so we were lucky enough to have them come over and sing to Corban with us and then eat the cake and ice cream! These are the pics I got of Corban and his cake! He loved it and had like 5 pieces I think! haha 
So for his birthday present we got him a bike with training wheels! Now he just needs to figure out how to pedal! haha He still doesn't quite get it but hopefully soon! 
We also took him to the zoo! We invited our friends to come with us! They're little girl Emma is 16 months old and just a tiny little thing but just cute as ever! She's the little girl I've been babysitting ever since she was little so Corban absolutely loves her to pieces! It's so cute to see them play together! He was so excited when I told him Emma was coming with us to the zoo! After the zoo we took them to this place called Leo's Place! It's a fun place for kids! It's got a huge jungle gym type thing in it that the kids climb and play on with 2 huge slides that are probably 12 feet high! It's so big I couldn't even get a picture of it! So you order your food and sit and eat and watch the kids play! They had a blast! So here are some of the pics at the zoo! It's a pretty small zoo but it was still fun for them! It took us less than an hour to go through the whole thing!  It's definately not the Phoenix zoo! haha 
They were more interested in the fake tiger than the real ones! 
Oh just have to point out the orange sticker on his forehead! He found it in the car and had to have it sticking to his forehead the whole time we were at the zoo!
Happy Birthday Corban! I love you Dude!!!

16 comments:

Stefany Pew said...

Happy Birthday to Corbin!!! He weighs 46 pounds?!!! Holy crap! I just took Kylee in the other day and she only weighs 36 pounds. And I thought that was a lot! That cake is so dang cute. Nice job Cliff! I noticed on your baby counter that you only have 23 days left.........WOW! Are you getting so excited for that little baby girl? How fun!

Kara said...

What a great b-day! Also, if you think he's big now, just wait until you bring home your baby girl and he'll seem like an even bigger kid! :)

TexasTwinsTwice said...

Wow--cool cake!! You guys did a great job! Happy Birthday to a BIG little guy (he weighs more than my 4 yr olds! =). He sure is a cutie!

Jami said...

Awe, Happy Birthday, Corban!!! And I totally agree, Clifford rocked it out on the cake decor! Freakin sweet job!

The zoo looked like a lot of fun... For the little ones. HA HA. With this age, the smaller the better and the more things they can sit on, the happier they'll be... And you! :0) The play place you took them too sounds like a blast too. I want to go down the slides!

And I agree with Kara, just wait until you bring home Brighton, Corban's bum will seem HUGE when you change his diapers! HA HA. You'll feel like he's a giant next to this little doll. :0)

Sorry about the Red Robin craving. I'm having one right now too, does that help? HA HA. I wonder if they can ship it???? Hum....

Justina Selim said...

Happy Bday Corbin! Wow, 3 years old too! That's crazy! I love the cake! You guys did a great job. I love the forehead sticker!

The Robinson's said...

The cake is amazing!! Tell Clifford he did a great job! I'm with ya though, it is a lot of work- I don't think I will make cakes for each birthday! Can't wait to see that cute baby girl of yours! Your family is darling!

Mama J said...

AWWW Happy Birthday Lil. Corbin! Awesome cake! Maybe you should look into some kind of business?!?!

Kort and Amy said...

Dig- I miss you so much!!! I love to see your pics of Corbin as he grows into a giant man! I can't wait to see pictures of your new addition soon!!

Amanda Stephan said...

The cake is awesome!!! Rob has a cousin that makes cakes for her kids birthdays and she will spend hours on them but still does them each year...crazy!

Brooke Allen said...

Wow Heather, I can't believe he is 3 now. The last time I saw him he wasn't even a year. I'm excited for you to have your little girl too. I love your hair by the way-it looks so pretty that color. When did you get it done? Write me back when you can!!! Miss you and love you

Gates & Tausha said...

hahaha...the orange sticker is my favorite...ahha. :) and what...the HECK Heather?! 3?! whats hapenned in life to make him that OLD already?! man...and I am ALSO in shock that cliff decorated that CAKE....WAYYY cool!!! nice job...no idea how you guys pulled that off so perfectly...AMAZING!!! happy birthday corby!!!

Aubrey said...

That cake looks so great! Clifford should feature it on his art blog as part of his portfolio Ü

JOHN AND SUMMER said...

Happy Birthday Corban! That cake looks awesome...you guys did a fantastic job on it! The zoo looked like fun. You're so close to having your baby...how do you feel?

Summer said...

Wow that cake!!! Looks delicious. Happy b-day Corban, you cutie!

Jen and Jay said...

The cake looks awesome - Happy Birthday Corban! What a fun birthday. Love the bike - he'll be riding all over the place before you know it!!

Abbey said...

Oh, duh how could I possibly have forgotten we share a bday? Happy late Bday Corban! That cake is awesome too, good job Clifford!