Saturday, July 26, 2008

Yellowstone For A Day!!!

On Wednesday we decided to go up to Yellowstone for the day! We wanted to go do something fun but couldn't decide what so at the last minute we decided on Yellowstone! It's only about an hour and a half from our house so we are pretty lucky! I love how we don't have to drive far at all to see such a beautiful place! I must mention that Holy Cow the gas prices there are $4.36 a gallon! Isn't that just ridiculous! This picture below is of my boys in Island Park just before Yellowstone at a creek where the water runs right off of the mountain! We had to stop and look at the fish! It's amazing how clear the water is and it's freezing cold too! So pretty though! 
Here is an awesome waterfall we stopped at in Yellowstone! It was so powerful and just gorgeous! Can't really tell in this picture but it was! It was like we were standing right on top of it! So cool! So while me and Clifford were looking at the waterfall and getting pictures we turned around....
and we saw Corban had climbed up this rock! haha I guess he decided he wanted a better view of the waterfall! He probably saw that other kid was up there so he had to go up there too!  He thought he was so cool! So Clifford had to climb up there and get him down so we could get a family picture and....
this is what we got! haha He was not happy we made him get down! We told the people taking our picture to take it even though he was throwing the hugest fit! So funny! We thought about blowing it up and putting it in our big frame in the family room as our new family photo! What do you think? 
We finally saw some buffalo after a couple hours of driving! Good thing we did cuz Corban would've been sad! He was saying "fuffalo"the whole time in the car! This time we got lucky and there was a bunch of them right by the side of the road so we got out! Here is one I got to get pretty close too! So scary! 
I had to pick Corban up otherwise he would've ran straight to it cuz he wanted to pet it! 
Then one of them decided to go in the middle of the road so we all hurried and ran back into our cars! 
You just can't go to Yellowstone without going to Old Faithful! It was a bummer though cuz we had gotten there right after it erupted so we didn't get to see it this time! It erupts every 45 minutes! We didn't feel like waiting that long so we didn't get a very good picture! It would've been way cooler to get one with it erupting but this will have to do! 
Here's Corbs in front of Old Faithful! 

 ...and here is Corban sitting on Old Faithful
I am still bummed that I haven't seen a bear there yet! I am determined to see one! Even though we didn't see a bear we did see a few deer! Didn't get any good pics though! We had such a fun day! 

13 comments:

Aubrey said...

That is a hilarious idea for a family picture. I see he didn't throw the pony down the waterfall like he did with Lightning McQueen Ü. Also, is that what a healthy buffalo looks like? I guess the ones behind Lagoon are dying. P.S. I was joking about you peeing in the pool. You're pregnant...it's cool...I understand....

Mama J said...

That family picture is... FANTASTIC! I love it so much! Christmas card??? You could probably just photo shop the baby in! HA! Loved it! We used to go to Yellowstone all the time! You are so brave to get so close to the buffalo, Remember the one we found in the desert? No one still believes me about that! You look GORGEOUS TOO!

Justina Selim said...

Fun trip! I would love to see that as a family portrait! Haha! You look so cute by the way!

Jen and Jay said...

What a fun trip!! And I love the family picture - it's perfect!!

Jonathan & Rachel said...

I love Yellowstone..so many memories! You look FAB by the way!

Jacob and Tiffany said...

Sounds like you guys had a blast and you look so stinkin' cute! Can't wait for this adorable baby girl!

Abbey said...

Heath I am so freakin jealous! I love love love Yellowstone but it's forever away from us. Someday,,, hopefully you'll still live in ID and we can visit ya! You guys look great, I love the picture, I definitely think it needs to be framed!

Jami said...

I have a picture of Kole SCREAMING on Santa's lap and used it as our Christmas card that year. I think it's WAY more funny when the kids are screaming in pictures because it really is what real life is like. Not all this smiles and "good manners" stuff. :0)

I don't know if you noticed, but Brooklin was making a "silly face" while sticking out her tongue in our family picture for our Christmas card last year. Now THAT'S what life is like with kids. You'll look back on that picture and CRACK UP. Good stuff, Heather!

Dan and Ashley said...

Looks like such a fun day! You are so lucky to be so close to such a beautiful place. I just love Yellowstone. I miss the mountains so much. I love all your pictures. It looks like it was a gorgious day.

Gates & Tausha said...

that is AWESOME!!! never been to yellowstone, hear about it all the time!!! CRAZY buffalo hangin out in the road...you guys got CLOSE!!! the waterfall looked amazing, and that family picture is HILARIOUS!!!! blow it up...do it.

TexasTwinsTwice said...

Oh we LOVED Yellowstone--it's sooo pretty up there. I need to convince Aubrey & Nathan to take the trip up there while they're somewhat closer. You look so cute with your belly--oh and LOVE the family photo. It captures the moment perfectly! =)

Jacob and Tiffany said...

I sent you an email on myspace so be sure to check it!!

Summer said...

I love the family pic. I can't believe you have 9 days till you have another baby!!! Are you nervous? It's gonna hurt. Are you nervous now? Yay I can't wait!