Saturday, January 31, 2009

Cold Snow, Baby Food, and Birthday Visit!!!

A few days ago Corban wanted to go outside and make a snowman! So we went out with him but the snow wasn't good enough! It wouldn't stay packed, it was just icy and Not fun! haha So he played on the playground instead!
Then Clifford made a little sledding hill for him to go down! It wasn't the biggest hill but Corban thought it was the coolest and funnest ever!  
He would slide all the way down to the road! The sidewalk and road are pure ice! 
We don't have snow clothes for Brighton yet so we just have to bundle her tight! I'm not gonna spend money on expensive snow clothes to have her fit in them for a month! She looks cute in her little eskimo jacket my mom made her! Thanks Mom! 
I started her on rice cereal and baby food a couple weeks ago! She loves it! She doesn't look like she likes it in this pic though only cuz she is super super tired! She woke up early from her nap! Little stinker! haha
Last Saturday my Mom and Dad came up for my Uncle's funeral in Utah! The funeral wasn't until Tuesday so they decided they would come up to Rexburg on Sunday and have dinner! It was my Mom's birthday on the 29th so I made her a Layered Birthday Cookie! Let me tell you...this was AMAZING! It's 2 big chocolate cookies on top of each other with a frosting made out of cocoa, powdered sugar, cream cheese, and some other minor ingredients, with mini m&m's and chocolate chips on top! It is super rich but to die for! It was my first time making it and it turned out just like the picture! haha Here's the finished product! If anyone wants the recipe let me know!  
Here we are singing to my mom! Happy Birthday Mom! 
I do have to mention that I have been going to the cycling classes up on campus on Tues and Fri mornings at 6:30 in the morning! I wanted more of a variety other than just running 5 days a week so it's been fun! It's hard to wake up but it's so nice to have my work out over with that early in the morning!  Anyway on Tuesday when I went to leave I looked on the thermometer in the car and it was a whoppin  negative 20 degrees outside! I thought I was gonna die I was so cold! 

15 comments:

The Bedke Fam said...

i love the lil sledding hill for corban. i wanna go play on it! lol. that cake looks so yummy. good job! it must've been fun to have your parents up.

Kara said...

The snow looks like so much fun, I'm jealous everytime I see people's snow pis... :) And that cake you made your mom looks and sounds divine, but I am not going to ask for the recipe because I REALLY don't need it. But if you want to post it I can't stop you... ;) hehehe

Gates & Tausha said...

oh sick heather---20 degrees?! sick. but SO cool for corbin to sled down cliff's cool hill!!! :)

i am FULLY impressed with your cake...it sounds DELISH!!!!

Mama J said...

Hey MARTHA!!! I cant believe what a HOT MAMA you are! Brighton is getting sooooo BIG it seems like you just had her! She is a cutie!

Being a mama of three isnt too bad... YET! It just sucks here and there when i need something done and cant do it cause I'm too sore from the c-section! I have to wait at least 6 weeks to lift anything heavier than Taylor! AHHH!!! And what i really want to do is work out and start to get my body back in shape so i can be as HOT as YOU!!!

Stefany Pew said...

How fun!!! I bet that hill was HUGE to Corbin! I forgot that your Mom and I share the same birthday. Holly and my Mom share the same birthday too. Funny!!! And all I have to say is......"you enjoy your -20 degree weather while we enjoy our 70 degree weather over here in AZ"!!! LOL!!!!

Justina Selim said...

The sledding looks so fun! Aiden would love that! I want that recipe!! It looks so good! Good for you for waking up early to exercise. I hardly ever can, haha, but when I do it is so nice to be up and have done something before my kids are awake. It makes the day way better.

Also, thanks for your comment on my blog. Potty training is so stressful and it is nice to hear that Corban did the same thing. Gives me hope!! He is doing really good on the peeing but he is like terrified to poo on the toilet! I don't know how to convince him. My house is a disaster because I just follow him all day and wait for that moment when he can't hold it anymore. He keeps telling me to stop following him! Haha! If you know any secrets let me know!

{Jeff+Elisa} said...

Heather!! YES, YES, YES...I'm so addicted to Bach and Jeff can't stand it. They all were pretty whiny last week. Oh really...you can fall in love with Jason in 1 month while he is kissing 10 other girls? Nasty! It's so dramatic but I'm a fan. I'm pretty sure that I want Molly to win! I think it's weird how he is forced into falling in love with one of the girls on the show...not my idea of love!

Can you bring some snow to AZ? Our weather here is nice but soooooooo boring!! :p

JOHN AND SUMMER said...

That hill was looked like a lot of fun for Corban to go sledding! I can't believe Brighton is already eating rice cereal...crazy. Your cookie cake looks amazing and so yummy! Your parents are so cute...I bet it was fun to have them. I can't believe it's -20degrees. I was freezing the other morning because it was 48 degrees! Is your cycling class fun?

Elizabeth said...

Very cute Heather! Thanks for the comment you left me. You and Clifford look so happy together, oh I remember the days when you two fell in love. Your kiddos are getting so big! I'm so glad to see you so happy. You look fantastic by the way! :)

The Harris Family said...

Heather, First of all you look absolutely amazing!! I miss you girl! Your family is so adorable!!! We totally need to catch up!!!

I am not sure if we are done. I really want one more kiddo, but if you ask Chris he is done. So it might take some convincing!!hahahaha I am not sure if Emily has a blog. I will find out though. :) I just barely started mine..and I love it.

The Harris Family said...

What is your email address?

Jacob and Tiffany said...

That cake looks so yummy! Add that to my list of cravings - goodness! My belly is starting to get bigger!! I am 18 weeks today and we find out on Tuesday what we are having...WE CAN'T WAIT!!! Now that I'm feeling better, I actually am enjoying this whole pregnancy thing! Feeling the baby inside is the best thing EVER!

Summer said...

I wish I was running and cycling--that reminds of our fun workouts! And also of the hard work I have ahead of me! Hope it warms up soon for you guys (and us, too...it's freezing!)

Mark and Kristi said...

Wow -20 degrees, I think I would freeze if I stepped outside! I am so impressed with your exercising, I really need to start but I come up with excuses all the time!

Aubrey said...

Awwww....so nice to have family come and visit!